Saturday 18 April 2009

Some Mornings.....



So it's Saturday, it's sunny, what will happen?? Well David is off to a flying start, helping out a collector, they decided on the Scottish artist, Lesley Anne Derks. A nice London scene with some incredible lighting effects. I have a good feeling about today, but then that rarely turns out well for me! I have two artists today that I keep looking at, funny how that happens. I can come in one day and almost ignore some of the art on the walls, and other days, I can't stop looking at them. Today, it seems to be the turn of Simon Claridge and Louis Sidoli. Two very different styles, but equally effective. Simons works we have up are older images from his portfolio, Desire I and II.Very sensual and neutral, they have a quiet sexuality that I find intoxicating. Louis however, is Kiln fused glass images of two of my favorite buildings from my favorite place in the world, New york. The buildings, The Chrysler building and the Empire State. I always lean towards the Chrysler building, If you have never been, I urge you to see that building glint in the sunlight and not be amazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment